Welcome! We are pleased that you are interested in Congregation Beth Shalom. We are a warm, diverse, and active Jewish community offering a wide variety of cultural, educational, and holiday programs. You are warmly invited to join us at our weekly Shabbat evening and morning services.
We hope you will visit our congregation, tour the facilities, and meet our members and staff. You can get information about what programs and events we offer via the brochures below.
Congregation Beth Shalom encourages all Jewish adults and families to become members: this includes blended, interfaith, and traditional families. We function as a pluralistic and welcoming independent congregation and we also maintain affiliation with USCJ ( United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism).
As mentioned above, everyone who identifies as Jewish is encouraged to apply for membership. Our Rabbi is eager to meet with you to privately discuss your Jewish identity and find ways to welcome you into our diverse congregation.
We are a member organization. We rely on contributions to maintain our facility and staff and provide a wider diversity of cultural, educational and holiday programs that are open to the entire community. Without financial support from our members and donors we are not able to sustain our Congregation and our programs. We will not turn away anyone due to lack of funds-we will work with you to find a meaningful level of support.
We offer two types of membership:
- Full privileges to programs
- Derech (Hebrew School) enrollment
- Life Cycle Event services
- Voting privileges at Membership Meetings
- Honor of being called to Torah
- Burial in Jewish section (Beth Chayim) at Lakewood Cemetary in Hughson, CA
- 2.75% Family Membership, based on annual income
- $10 per month for student (verification of enrollment)
- Available for up to six (6) months
- For those who are in conversion studies recognized by Beth Shalom’s Rabbi
- Check-out of Siddurim (prayer book) for studies and to follow Shabbat Services
- $25 per month for Individual
- $50 per month for Family
Please let us know if you would like to schedule a phone call or visit with our President or Rabbi to discuss joining our congregation.
If you are ready to join us, please click to start the membership process:
If you can’t join us, please consider making a donation via PayPal: